75100385

We would like to file a case against an employee who has just

Customer Question

We would like to file a case against an employee who has just resigned for malicious falsehood as he has sent an email to our business partners making false allegations against us aimed at tarnishing our reputation and ruining our relationship with the business partner. I have a copy of the email he sent to our business partner. He also sent emails to other staff members of our company accusing the owners and directors of the company of cheating and being dishonest. We have copies of these emails as well. We want to issue him a letter informing him that we will take legal action unless he apologises both in writing and in person so we would like you to draft the letter. Can we issue the letter ourselves or does it have to be through a law firm.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you or the business suffered any actual serious harm please?

JACUSTOMER-ca2czbrc- :

well our image has been tarnished with our business partners House of Fraser where we own and operate two restaurants under our own brand.

Alex Watts :

But have you suffered any serious harm?

JACUSTOMER-ca2czbrc- :

i'm not sure what you mean by harm. He also filed a malicious complaint against us to the Guildford Borough Council saying we were violating health and safety laws so they sent an inspector to check our premises and we lost money as a result as the chef had to accompany the inspector around the premises and answer his questions so he wasn't able to prepare the food orders so we lost money as a result

JACUSTOMER-ca2czbrc- :

This is the email he sent and you can see in it he admits that he complained to the Guildford Borough Council...

Alex Watts :

You can write a letter yourself and ask the person to stop

Alex Watts :

Further you can issue proceedings yoursel.f

Alex Watts :

You must be able to demonstrate serious harm and the proceedings MUST be issued in the High Court.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is contested it will go to trial and you will need professional representation

Alex Watts :

You are looking around £15,000 for this and legal aid is not available.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you must be sure you can evidence serious harm and risk £15,000 which you dont have any guarantee of getting back

Alex Watts :

If you proceed and lose then you will be liable for costs of the other side too, so that is a total of £30,000 costs exposure.

Alex Watts :

can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/