12826847

The other day I was propositioned by a in a red

The other day I was propositioned by a prostitute in a red light district after id parked my car in adjacent carpark to go to shop across road, in a moment of weekness I agreed to go with her. Walking a few hundred yards towards an alleyway towards what she said was direction of her home, she then suggested we went in my car which I feared may cause me to fall foul of curb craweling law! So I backed out and walked back to my car the end of it I thought .) However the guy In the car next to mine got on his radio and since then (07/11/2014) I have been not stopped or approached however been followed by a full team of cid officers! I believe they must think Im selling drugs or something which Im NOT AND NEVER BIN INVOLVED I DRUGS!!! What should I do should I just ride it out and eventually they'll give up? Typically how long do they persue people with absolutely no evedence am I being harrassed? And further more could you pleas clarify law on prostitution? If I had of let her In my car could I have being prosecuted for curb craweling? and if id arranged to meet a girl in a none red light district is there anyway I could be prosecuted for this ? hope you can be of assistance. Im tempted to approach the officers and ask what do they want but fear it not wise )
I really don't think you need to worry. You are not being pursued by CID officers. They have to get authorities from a court to place a person under that type of surveillance and it is a huge drain on resources. Even if they had formed the view that this was a drugs deals one drugs deal would not be sufficient. Also, the police know red light districts fairly well. They probably know perfectly well what this was.
There is not going to be any evidence against you. She shouldn't say that you were involved in drugs as you were not and if this is a prostitute then she will not give evidence against you. Proper prostitutes do not have an interest in getting their clients arrested and usually only make false claims if you don't pay.
Please don't worry. The worst that may happen is that they may invite you in to discuss kerb crawling.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou however this is the point I wasn a client I backed out before anything happened she wanted £20 but I refused to let in my car so the whole thing never happened so if they found drugs on her she probably told exactly that ! im her dealer I am 100% being persued everywhere I go is the same cars following me !

You were a client. The offences are not in paying for sex. The offences are in things like kerb crawling, keeping a brothel, control of a prostitute etc.
Please do not worry. You are not being followed by the police unless, of course, there was a pre existing surveillance under way. In truth, if you are subject to police surveillance then you usually know what you are doing to attract their interest.
You cannot be subject to surveillance though because if you were you would never seen the same officer twice. They change them over as soon as there has been a confrontation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok one last thing I have seen the same one twice but never spoke with any of them. Ok so bot***** *****ne if I am approached after I got out of the car did not go there for that purpose and we never actually get in the car is they any chance be charged for curb craweling based on what I told you ? and if Id arranged to meet her in car elsewhere what would happen in this instance ?

Yes. You were kerb crawling.
However, she will not give evidence against you because prostitutes don't generally and they havent actually got any evidence of identity. The most they might have is the index number of the car.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well I wasn driving slowly or anything or talking though window or stop at street corner it was a carpark which behind which many people park in but anyway thankyou

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.