Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

is a text an acceptable way to quit a job or is a resignation

is a text an acceptable way to quit a job or is a resignation letter still necessary. My mother is being bullied at work by one of her managers. She was given some aweful news tonight and although today is her day off her manager text her giving her a target for tomorrow morning that is not even possible to be met. my mum was already very upset and told her to shove the job.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : There is no harm in sending a text message to quit the job. There is nothing in law that says the resignation has to be by way of a letter. However a persons employment contract may specify the method of communication so she ought to have a look at her contract to be sure.