75100385

do I need to have any type of license to sell tobacco products

do I need to have any type of license to sell tobacco products in my shop? Can I get any document that I'm allowed to sell the tobacco?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, retailers DO NOT need a licence to sell tobacco but if you break the law by selling tobacco to someone under 18 years of age, you could have your right to sell tobacco removed – this is known as negative licensing.

Alex Watts :

So no, you do not need a licence.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

For more information please see:

Alex Watts :

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/do-we-need-a-licence-to-sell-cigarettes.47148/

Customer:

and does the cigarettes needs to be covered somehow? or i can put them simply on the shelves?

Customer:

and also if we would like to import some cigarettes and alcohol from Poland, how we can pay the uk duty on it? As we would like to sell it in purely legal way though....

Alex Watts :

You can not put them on shelves. They can not be seen. Go into a supermarket and see how they do it

Alex Watts :

You can import from Poland and when it comes through customs it gets declared and you pay duty on it.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes, thank you, ***** ***** we will go normally by car to Poland we can buy as much as we want and then we need to declare all of that into customs and that's all what we need? We will receive any proof - like stickers that the duty is paid?

Alex Watts :

Yes you will.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Thank you :) yes thats all what i need to know