Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I am owed money by a company i have contacted them many times

I am owed money by a company i have contacted them many times by telephone always have to leave a message asking to be phoned back, but they never do.
Basically the i ordered a new front door on the 12th of August then after a couple of days i cancelled which is my right. and have been waiting and still haven`t received my refund of £3.99 . i wrote to them a week ago now saying i would give them another 7days and that there in breach on contract but every communication is ignored. the company is called Simply Frames.
Is there any thing else i can do ?
Yours sincerely.
mr C Watson
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You can phone Trading Standards at your local council and report them and ask for a reference number.

taratill :

You can then write to them to give them 7 days to pay you the refund quoting the reference number, you should say that if they do not pay you will have no alternative but to claim for the refund plus your costs in the small claims court.

taratill :

You can then raise a claim online at https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Customer:

Thank you i have already done this

taratill :

There will be a fee for raising the claim but they will be ordered to pay you this as well if you win.

taratill :

Have you raised the claim?

Customer:

no

taratill :

Well this is the next step. Be sure that you have sent a letter before action threatening the claim first though otherwise you could be criticised.

taratill :

please let me know if there is anything further you would like to know about this.

Customer:

Yes i wrote to them a week ago now and sent it registered but everything is ignored !

taratill :

Ok well all you can do now is raise the claim using the link above.

taratill :

It is very straighforward to use.

Customer:

where is the link ?

taratill :

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

taratill :

If you require any further information please let me know. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer:

ok thank you

taratill :

no problem. All the best with it.