Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Mackenzie Jones,SOLICITORS PRACTICING IN CHESTER WHOM I AM

Customer Question

Mackenzie Jones,SOLICITORS PRACTICING IN CHESTER WHOM I AM CONSULTING RE A LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY HAVE, WITH YOUR ADVICE I BELIEVE, TAKEN OUT PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY COVER RELATED TO THIS CONSULTATION WITH A LIMIT OF
£3,000,000. I AM NOT LIKELY TO BE IN DISPUTE WITH THEM, BUT ONE NEVER CAN BE CERTAIN. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, PLEASE, IS WHETHER THIS UPPER LIMIT ON THEIR INDEMNITY COVER SETS AN EFFECTINE UPPER LIMIT ON ANY POSSUBLE, ALBEIT UNLIKELY CLAIM. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
B.GUTTMANN. APPT 44. BOUGHTON HALL, FILKINS LANE, CHESTER CH3 5BG.
TEL:01244.326.223.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

All Solicitor firms have to have professional indemnity cover in place for a sum of at least £2 million per claim. The fact your Solicitors have cover for £3 million means that if you or any other client were to sue them for negligence, their insurance policy would cover a pay out of anything up to £3 million.

I would certainly therefore hope that in your instance, this is by far enough cover and you do not have to have any worry in proceeding with this Firm.

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL