75100385

What is the name of the law that says you cannot interfere

Customer Question

What is the name of the law that says you cannot interfere with some one else's border to their property?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is the nature of the interference please?

JACUSTOMER-iww59kvv- :

Hi Alex,

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-iww59kvv- :

Hi Alex our neighbour who does not own our border, has ordered trees on that border to be cut down which she says block her view. They have been grown to ensure our privacy. Our windows look directly on to neighbours windows and the trees hide this. I am willing to look for a compromise. But I would like to be armed with the law that prevents just anyone interfering with our border.

Alex Watts :

Ok, in that case it is criminal damage.

Alex Watts :

If you own the trees on the border and indeed it is your border it would be criminal damage to cut down the trees, even one bit

JACUSTOMER-iww59kvv- :

I should have added ' without our knowledge or consent'.

Alex Watts :

Even if it was a shared border and the trees were on the border, then you own the trunk and tree your side of that boundary line

Alex Watts :

But it is criminal damage.

Alex Watts :

This should be reported to the Police as it would be criminal damage

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Does this help?