31090051

44 years ago I had a child who was adopted. The circumstances

44 years ago I had a child who was adopted. The circumstances were very traumatic for me so I decided that I wanted no contact ever. Out of the blue I have received a letter claiming to be the child I gave up for adoption. This has caused me some distress and I don't know what to do. Are there any organisations that can advise and help me or do I have to seek legal advice?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.You should not need to take legal advice about this. One of the organisations which could counsel you and provide advice is at the following link:www.afteradoption.org.ukHappy to discuss further. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.