12826847

My ex boyfriend is a gambling addict who over the course of

My ex boyfriend is a gambling addict who over the course of 2 years gambled his way through all of my savings and inheritance. I broke up with him after the last time.
I had his word that he would pay me what he owed me (Over £4000 in total) from his pay every week but he has failed to follow through with this.
Do I have a legal case where I could have a legal agreement that he has to pay it back?
Did he agree to pay before you gave it to him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He had removed money from my bank account and also on several occasions had gambled all of his wages, meaning that I had to solely cover bills and rent etc (we lived together).

Before we broke up he had promised to pay me back everything he owed, and again after we had broken up. He never asked to borrow money with the promise of paying it back, he just took it and promised me afterwards.

Ok,
So did he agree to repay before or after you gave it to him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After I guess

That is not good news.
If he agreed to pay after then this is not a contract. It is just a broken promise which cannot be sued upon I'm afraid.
If you are saying that he removed money from your account without any permission then that is a theft based offence and could be reported to the police although they will not actually recover your money. That said, he may be keen to avoid that.
If it is just that you paid for him because he was irresponsible then I am afraid you cannot claim for that. That was just a decision that you made for which he is not responsible.
I am very sorry if this is bad news but I have to give you truthful information.