12826847

I've just bought a campervan, which was converted from a panel

I've just bought a campervan, which was converted from a panel van by a bespoke conversion company. I went to the company on Friday 31st Oct to collect it, and finally drove it home on Monday 3rd Nov after they fixed some problems. Since then I've found more problems, fixable under the warranty but adding up to it being in poor underlying condition. I paid £34,044 for it and expected it to be (according to the company's logo) a luxury vehicle.
I've been told that because I paid the £2000 deposit using my credit card, the Consumer Credit Act applies and I can return it for a full refund. Is this correct?
No. It means that you have a claim against your credit card that is identical to that against the seller.
I presume the seller was a dealer from what you describe? If so, you have a claim against him and against your credit card provider under the Sale of Goods Act. That means that you can demand that anything is of a reasonable quality. Clearly there are faults here and there needs to be a remedy.
You could try to reject the campervan under the SGA. It is pretty difficult to do that successfully but it can be done. You have only had it a short time so that would not be an issue. The issue will just be how serious the faults are.
Generally speaking, if the problems are easily repaired and they are willing to do that then a full refund is hard to claim. That is not to say that it cannot be done but it is not easy to do.
In terms of the claim against the credit card company, it is only really worth pursuing if the seller is abroad or has gone under. Otherwise you have a perfectly valid claim against the seller who can also offer other remedies.
Sorry if that is bad news.