12826847

I was charged £68 000.00 by Transport for London for alleged

I was charged £68 000.00 by Transport for London for alleged low emission violations. I have since provided evidence that the van was not liable to those charges and the tickets are now cancelled. In the interim I had to unwillingly scrap my van whilst it could have given me another 2-3 years of service, my family and I were harassed by bailiffs and also lost some money. I need help to redress the injustice.
Why did you have to scrap it?
What specific loss caused by TFL are you hoping to reclaim? Bear in mind it has to be financial and it has to be caused by them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because I was getting a ticket every time I drove into London. I have a pile of them which I never bothered to open

So is the essence of this that you chose to scrap it to avoid that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had no choice, I needed to get to work. At that time I had no idea what the liability would end up being.

That is not good news I am afraid.
I fully understand why you made this decision but the fact remains that it was one that you made. TFL are not liable. There is no way around it.
Had you paid the fines you would have had a claim for that. You would have had a claim for court costs if you had had to attend. That didn't happen thankfully.
There is no contract with TFL and so they are not liable to you for your consequential losses I'm afraid.
When you describe 'harassment' by bailiffs there may be a claim. It depends what you mean. If the bailiffs genuinely were misbehaving then you do have a claim against them for that.
You say you lost some money? There may be a claim in that. I would really need to know in what way?
Sorry if that is bad news but I have to give you truthful information.