29905560

Hi, i am planning a trip that requires a USA visa. I was given

Hi, i am planning a trip that requires a USA visa. I was given a criminal record 38 years ago for common assault. Will this prevent me obtaining a visa?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. No one can predict whether you will be granted a visa or not. This is a decision made by the US Immigration authorities at the Embassy following your application and the interview you have to attend. They make these individually so it is entirely possible that one person on one day can grant you a visa, whereas a different person on a different day refuse it. However, the fact that this offence was such a long time ago and assuming you have remained out of trouble since will be strong indicators that a visa is likely to be granted
Ben Jones : Still, the only way to find out is to apply and complete the full application process and wait for the outcome, there is simply no other way to know