12826847

i have the remains of an old cottage on my land, i have applied

Customer Question

i have the remains of an old cottage on my land, i have applied for planning but was refused, main reason being that the local authority say it has been abandoned. but although the previous owner left the property a number of years ago, it was he was addmitted to hospital and was never able to return. i have been told that his intention was to return but was not able to because of illness.
because he never came back does that constitute abandonment.
is there a timescale involved in abandonment
I am a little unclear about what you are asking.
Do you actually own the property as the Registered Owner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i own the field that the old cottage is in.

does the fact that the person who owned and lived in the property left and never came back mean it was abandoned.

or is it not abandoned if that person intended to come back and continue to live ther but was unable because of ilness.

alan

I am sorry this is a little confusing - if you own the property what is the issue with regard to the former owner?