Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I've injured my shoulder at work last dec I have a number of

I've injured my shoulder at work last dec I have a number of treatments on it I am now waiting to go to see a specialist at hospital which I have been advised is for surgery on the shoulder. How do I go about putting a claim in at work
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Was the accident due to an issue at work such as faulty equipment or a lack of training?

Customer: I was supporting a gentleman who tripped & grabbed my arm to stop himself falling
taratill :

Ok thanks was this noted in the accident book?

Customer: Yes
Customer: Incident forms filled in & a&e visit
taratill :

Great. You need to contact your employer to say that you intend to bring a claim for the injury. You should tell them to contact their insurer to notify them of a potential claim. You will then need to seek the support of a solicitor to put the claim it. If you have household insurance this often covers free legal adfvice so look at this policy first. Alternatively there are lots of companies that offer personal injury law on a no -win no fee basis.

Customer: Thank you for your help
taratill :

No problem, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer and all the best for the future.