Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

The solicitor who drew up my will closed down. I have lost

The solicitor who drew up my will closed down. I have lost the letter that tells me which solicitor now has it. How can I find out where my will is?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. In the first instance I would contact the Law Society about the problem as the Solicitors, on closing the practice has duties in respect of retaining files and passing on your information to the other firm. The Law Society may, therefore, have a record of which firm the file was sent to. (0)20 7320 5650 is the phone number you can contact them on. Good luck.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer:

Thank you. I rang the number you gave me, they forwarded me to the Solicitors Regulations? They were able to help me with the name of a firm that took over from my original solicitors. I've just been in contact with them, and they will ring me back later today.