LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I purchased a tv from curry/pc world a month ago and with

I purchased a tv from curry/pc world a month ago and with two weeks the tv was switching its self off spoke to currys who said they would talk me through the restart process which they did the tv has now started the same problem I.e switching its self off and they now want to repair it but I would rather have a replacement. As unsure exactly how long the repair would last before the problem reoccurs . Do I have to accept the repair or can I have a replacement. Thanks and regards
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Am I right i thinking they haven't carried out the repair yet?

Customer: Yes they asked me to reset the tv two weeks ago to see how it goes but the same problem has now reoccurred I.e the tv switches its self off and I want a new tv yet they are now saying as it is past the 21 day period they wish to repair it but the tv is b
Customer: Is brand new albeit one month old
Customer: So surely it wasn't fit for purpose in the first place
LondonlawyerJ :

I think you are right it must be fit fir purpose and last a reasonable length of time. If it isn't fit for purpose then you can take it back and demand a refund or a replacement. usually you wold need to take it back within 4 weeks of purchase but as you have already gone to them for help and a second problem has arisen being outside 4 weeks should not prevent a full refund.

LondonlawyerJ :

You should return it as soon as possible though.

LondonlawyerJ :

The law protecting you is The Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Customer: I am going to see them this afternoon to speak to them face to face to ask for a new tv and not. Repair of this one but wanted to check where I stood before I went