75100385

My wife and I own a Sublimation printing business and we used

Customer Question

My wife and I own a Sublimation printing business and we used to print personalised items for our customers who told us what they wanted say on a college bag we would select a photo at random from Google wallpaper and print it on the bag with the customers name. This became so popular we started to advertise on eBay and put random photos of celebrities chosen from Google wallpaper and offer them as personalised items for sale. Two years ago we were raided at our home by trading standards who said what we were doing was a breach of copyright. On seeking advice from a criminal solicitor we pleaded guilty and the case only just recently been finalised. and now trading standards are dragging our names the local paper Bournemouth evening echo via face book all over the world to prove a point to other people out there who are still doing as we did two years ago. They are saying that we produced fake goods telling the customer they were official goods we have never done that and they know it we have never copied any product on the market we produced bespoke goods which were personalised with a name. They are making us out to be a lot worse than we were just to make a point and I don't think it is fair. My wife is on the verge of a medical breakdown over the lies they are spreading on face book. Is there anything we can do about it we have been totally humiliated due to them not telling the true facts.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you complained to the Council yet please?

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

No not yet did not know how to deal with it

Alex Watts :

What you should do is write to the Chief Officer of the Council and complain

Alex Watts :

The Chief Officer will investigate the matter and report back to you.

Alex Watts :

If you are not happy with the response then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free independent service and their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

However if it is a matter of public record they can of course publish the fact you were convicted.

Alex Watts :

But it must be on a true and accurate basis

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

We were both given 12 months conditional disscharge

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

I will contact the council and let you know how I get on

Alex Watts :

Ok. Can I help with anything else today?

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

does what they are doing amount to defamation of character

Alex Watts :

No, because you were convicted.

Alex Watts :

Even if it was you would have to show you have suffered serious hard and issue proceedings in the High Court.

Alex Watts :

Unless you have around £15,000 to spend on legal fees, I would not be concerned with that

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

Ok we will contact the council if that is what we should do

Alex Watts :

Yes I would do so

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

Thank you no

Alex Watts :

Great, if I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

Has that just cost me £42.00?

Alex Watts :

I have no access to billing so can't see how much you paid - as an expert I just see the questions

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

ok Bye

Alex Watts :

Thanks. Please be kind enough to rate my service before you go and of course good luck with this.

Alex Watts :

Let me know how you get on?

JACUSTOMER-f396h644- :

OK will do

Alex Watts :

Thanks and have a good night

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/