12826847

My ex husband pays our child maintenance through his business

Customer Question

My ex husband pays our child maintenance through his business which has myself as a director but not shareholder and his operations manager
His name does not appear anywhere in the business - he is very unreliable and with four children I am worried he will not pay every week so I wanted to claim child tax credits as I d
O not work as I know he has met someone else and before long will stop paying altogether
I have to be very careful how I handle this as he uses it as a control. He has a history of domestic abuse
Does he pay voluntarily or under a CSA assessment?
What income do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He pays voluntarily -
I have no income but this
How old are your children and has there actually been a Decree Absolute in the divorce proceedings?
What income do YOU have - from any source?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My children are 15,13,12 and 10 and there hasn't been a divorce as yet so this is what my husband deems to give us. I am really concerned about the child tax credits as he could stop paying us at anytime which he does when he feels like it !
Are you intending to start divorce proceedings - and do you claim Child Benefit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not intending to right now and I have claimed child benefit that is what the question is regarding but I don't claim now
Right.
So you claimed it in the past but stopped because of your husbands income - is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No stopped claiming when he put me in the book but it was maintenance payment so in know now it shouldn't of been treated as an employee payment so tax credits think I was working and they have given me a huge bill
He hasn't paid this week and I doubt if he will pay again and I need to claim tax credits what do I do
So the problem is that you have received a large Tac Credit Bill?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
How much do they say that you owe?
how long have you and your husband been separated?