12826847

I have hired a scaffold from this same builder for a period

I have hired a scaffold from this same builder for a period of 12 weeks and he has employed a third party to supply this scaffold. If my business relation with him ends regarding the building work, can he instruct thee third party to come and remove the scaffold before the term of 12 weeks is over ? Could I refuse the scafolders entry to my property to remove the scaffold?
Have you paid for the period in question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have paid for the Period and have a written contract with the builder stating both period of hire and price paid.

Thank.
Is there any reason you think he may do this then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has been feeding me lies and half truths for 6 weeks and delivered literally no construction work on the project. The roof is only stripped about 75%. My trust in his ability and willingness to deliver what has in a large part been paid for with a deposit is waning. I may be forced to find someone else to complete the work. I would then of course Demand he pay me back the deposit.

In order to make the situation more Difficult for me he may ask the scafolder who is apparently his cousin to remove the scaffold.

Well, certainly he shouldn't do that. You have paid for it. He has no basis to start removing something you have paid for.
Of course, sometimes people do things that they shouldn't do. You cannot hide from that risk. If he does then you would have a claim for the sums you have paid.
You could refuse to let him onto your property. I don't know whether that is realistic on a building site but you could do it in law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The whole house is encased and I think I can make it very hard for him to enter. He would indeed have to break and enter.

Then just deny him access.