12826847

A colleague is under investigation by NHS Protect for fraud.i

A colleague is under investigation by NHS Protect for fraud.i gave a statement stating some simple procedures which are in place for taking leave etc.Now his wife has given a statement saying that I do not like Jews and refused to eat with her husband.
I have worked with this man for over 10 years and a lot of people have observed us eating together and me bringing him home cooked food.
I am very upset .Do I have a case for libel.
The wife's statement was submitted to a magistrate
If the statement was made in Court to a Magistrate then I am afraid it is covered by absolute privilege and so defamation would not apply.
It might amount to perjury. That is a matter for the police. They do have to show that the statement was false and that it is a material issue in the case.
I wouldn't worry about this. The false allegation of racism is absolutely widespread in the UK. Some people just seem to think the best way of defending themselves is to pretend to be a victim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.They are trying to discredit my witness statement.
What does absolute privilege mean?How can I defend myself and re establish my credibility ?
NHS protect are coming to interview me again soon
That it doesn't amount to defamation.
All you can do is deny the assertion. I don't imagine anybody will believe it for a moment. The false allegation of racism is even more widespread than the false allegation of abuse that is all the rage at the moment.
I wouldn't worry about this. Even if you are a raving anti semite it still doesn't mean your evidence is wrong. It is just the usual twaddle that some people come up with.