Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have been given in an email sent on 4pm Friday, until 4pm

I have been given in an email sent on 4pm Friday, until 4pm Monday following the weekend to agree a solicitors proposal.
This gives me very little time to take advice. As the end result of my non compliance is enforcement of Statutory Demand and application for bankruptcy it is very important I get my reply correct.
Is there any guidance on how a solicitor should treat an an unrepresented individual - especially as they took seven days to reply to my own proposal.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Is this a debt claim. If so, have they previously sent you a letter of claim setting out exactly what the basis of their case is?
Alex Hughes : You need to look at two things: the Civil Procedure Pre-Action protocol and the Solicitors Handbook chp 11 which states: O(11.1)you do not take unfair advantage of third parties in either your professional or personal capacity.
Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

Yes it is a debt claim by solicitor of the liquidator, in reply to my without prejudice off for full and final settlement

Alex Hughes : 7:33 PMYou need to look at two things: the Civil Procedure Pre-Action protocol and the Solicitors Handbook chp 11 which states: O(11.1)you do not take unfair advantage of third parties in either your professional or personal capacity.
Customer:

Thanks for your offer of extra help Alex. I am on the monthly Just Answer plan. Does your offer of extra help mean you will look at the letter for me?

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Can I assist any further?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Do you require further assistance with the letter that you mentioned?