Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have a small healthcare company who has been subcontracted

Customer Question

I have a small healthcare company who has been subcontracted by a large contractor to assess patient applications for continuing healthcare. The confidentiality agreement around data protection and PHI is between my company and the contractor. I have been told that my husband who is also a Director in the company is not allowed to assist me in an administrative business role in any way, despite not being able to access or assess clients information.They state that this is due to data protection, as the checks (CRB etc) were only carried out on me as a director.My husband has all the same checks and insurances as a Company Director so I disagree with them. What is the legal situation?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Who has said he cannot do this?