75100385

We have been cold called by a company called Let's Go Teneriffe

We have been cold called by a company called Let's Go Teneriffe and we agreed to pay £295 for two separate "bonus" holiday weeks. Our credit card stopped payment as the company is overseas. In the meantime we decided we did not want the product and e-mailed the company to advise them. We have this evening received a very aggressive phone call advising us that we are required to pay and cannot now decline the service as we are not protected by distance selling regulations. They have now threatened to involve their "legal" department to enforce payment.
What can we do?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what country they are based in, is it UK or Tenerife?
Customer:

We were called from a London telephone number which they give as their only contact details barring e-mail or form on their site: The reason the credit card was blocked was an anti-fraud measure stopping a payment to an overseas account. Their

Customer:

email signature gives these contact details:

Customer:

Tel : *********** /p>

Email: @lets-go-tenerife.com

Website: www.lets-go-tenerife.com

Customer:

but there is no physical address.

Alex Watts : Ok. What was this for?
Alex Watts : the holidays ?
Alex Watts : they can't do anything
Alex Watts : If it's a UK company you are entitled to 14 days cooling off period.
Alex Watts : If they are in Tenerife they can't do anything to you in the UK anyway
Alex Watts : so either way you don't need to worry
Alex Watts : They can't do anything.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you - this sounds good. However, the person on the other end of the phone said that as the product was "dated" holidays - to be taken before November 2018 - there was an exception to the regulations. This seems to be confirmed by the Which? guide to distance selling.

Alex Watts : Yes but if it's a holiday or timeshare you still have a cooling off period.
Alex Watts : But as I have said, they are in Tenerife so nothing they can do.
Alex Watts : The contract is firmed when you pay. You have not paid so no contract
Customer:

Thank you again. This was what I was trying to tell the person on the phone. Her response was that the product had been "delivered" and argued that the letter of confirmation I had received was (effectively) the product.

Alex Watts : No, just refuse. Do not be pushed into it
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

It does indeed. Many thanks.

Alex Watts : can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer:

Not at the moment - that's been very helpful. Should we just ignore and subsequent threatening letters from their "legal" department?

Alex Watts : Yes I would.
Alex Watts : If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go - the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
Customer:

Super. Many thanks.

Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply.