75100385

I am a UK resident living in south Africa. I hired a car

I am a UK resident living in south Africa. I hired a car from CarHireUK on the 1st June this year. CarHireUK withdrew GBP580 on the 19th May as deposit fee for a full tank of petrol and accident waiver. Refundable upon returning the car accident free and the petrol tank full. The car was returned on the 9th June with no accident damage and a full tank. CarHireUK agree I qualify for a refund of GBP580. However they have to date not deposited the money back into my bank account after numerous emails and phone calls!! Please advise. Kind regards. Jim XXXXX

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

To be clear this is a UK company you have an issue with, not South African?

Customer:

UK company . Registered in England No.575284

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

I am seventy nine years old and have made a mistake with my question for which I apologise .My status is a UK citizen residing in South Africa..

Customer:

Does this alter your advice.??

Alex Watts :

This does not change my advice.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Thank you for your reply.

Customer:

Please advise who would be my local county court

Alex Watts :

Yes that is correct, but if you issue online then its automatically transferred to your local Court.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Dear Alex, I am still confused as to which county court I should contact..

Customer:

Kind regards, ***** *****

Alex Watts :

https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/

Alex Watts :

Try that.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

I tried and was required to enter an address or postcode. I could not proceed as I did not have either. May I enter my daughters post code??

Customer:

Regards Jim.

Alex Watts :

Yes that is fine Jim

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Dear Alex, thank you for your patience with an old man.

Alex Watts :

Happy to help

Customer:

Jim