75100385

hi i had an accident in a car park back in march 2013 and my

Customer Question

hi i had an accident in a car park back in march 2013 and my insurance have told me i lost the day and now have to pay £3500 access. I wasn't at fault and they are not willing to help fight my case. They said they have send me a number of letters but i haven't received any other wise i would if replied
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether your excess was £3500 as this seems a lot?

JACUSTOMER-mqxo12l8- :

no my excess was £3000 but because they have send a debt collection company its now £3540

Alex Watts :

Ok - has your address changed?

Alex Watts :

Have you asked for copy letters?

JACUSTOMER-mqxo12l8- :

no my address hasn't changed and no i never asked for copy of the letters. they are telling me the claim has been settled

Alex Watts : Can you ask for a copy of all the letters ?
JACUSTOMER-mqxo12l8- :

yes

Alex Watts :

Ok. Then you need to write and make a formal complaint.

Alex Watts :

They will investigate the complaint and come back to you

Alex Watts :

You can ask for copies of all letters sent to you under the Data Protection Act, they are obliged by law to provide this.

Alex Watts :

If the complaint is not resolved then you can issue a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

They are independent and can examine your complaint for free. Their website is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Alex Watts :

That should resolve the matter.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/