12826847

I want my ex to stop telling the police that I'm harassing

Customer Question

I want my ex to stop telling the police that I'm harassing here when I'm clearly not. I had to augue my side of the story many times and I want both the police and My ex to leave me alone, how can I do that without not getting into trouble?
There is no way of preventing a person from making false allegations if they are intent. The other problem here is that if she is making claims of harassment then you will be subject to a harassment warning so unable to contact her.
All you can do is act against her after she has done it.
If she continues to make false allegations then there is caselaw to the effect that amounts to harassment but there needs to be more than one and probably a lot more. Then you can get a court order and send it to the constabulary which is very effective.
You do also have a claim in defamation bbut that is expensive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So is there anyway I can contact the Police to say this is a case or could I get a solicitors letter to try and prevent the house of action?
No. Not at this stage.
Possiby if the circumstances above arise.
I am happy to continue with this but please leave feedback for my answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime, as you know It's making afeaid to go out into into south Manchester for fear of it happening again.

Well, there is nothing that can be done at this or actually ever to stop her. What you can do is protect yourself so that you are in a position to defend yourself when she does make false claims.
Carry with you a fully charged up mobile phone which you use regularly so that cell site evidence will give you a permanent alibi. Then when she phones the police and says you are outside her door and your phone records prove you were elsewhere she may be facing a serious offence.
Get yourself a body cam if the issue is that she is pursuing you and turn it on whenever she approaches you.
Modern technology does allow for the entrapment of vexatious accusers quite easily but their victims have to plan for it. Part of the problem is that men don't generally for two reasons in my experience. Firstly, they believe that these women are genuine victims and feel an obligation to protect them because men are generally socialised to do that. Secondly, they secretly know that they are making false allegations but they think that is normal because they have grown up in a house where whenever mummy can't have what she wants the police are called. There are such people. Men exposed to women like that think that all women make allegations of abuse all the time.
You are much better off without a professional victim in your life. I realise that men don't want to be alone either but quite frankly you would be much better off getting yourself a dog than persisting in a relationship with a person who keeps the police on speed dial. Normal women call the police maybe once of twice in their lives and usually not about domestic squabbles.