31090051

Hi my girlfriend works from 2 to 10 in a convience store with

Hi my girlfriend works from 2 to 10 in a convience store with a petrol forecourt,she has been left to work on her own when another member of staff has not turned up a few times now is this legal please
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The employer has a duty to comply with the extensive regulations relating to health and safety. Here is a link for you:
https://www.energyinst.org/filegrab/?ref=1317&f=the-red-guide.pdf
You won't find any specific law that says that more than one employee has to be on site at any one time but it is common sense that there are numerous safety issues that can't be observed if there is only one person on site at any point in time. So indirectly having one person on site is unlikely to comply with the law.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.