LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

hello my name is ***** ***** i need a soliciter for the 19th

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** i need a soliciter for the 19th this month thy r tring 2 get me don for asolt 2 a police men on halowen day as i do not bulev is correct can u help ???
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

k

Customer:

Is this your first appearance at court for this matter on the 19th?

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

no thinc i mite hav befor but just let them hav it as i did not now about it

Customer:

Have you been to court on this before? I think our last messages crossed each other.

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

hav not been 2 cort about this yet n mite have been don for the same befor but let them have it as could not be boferd to go 2 court

Customer:

Ok if it is your first appearance then you will be entitled to free legal help at court from the duty solicitor for this one appearance whatever your income is. If you are on a low income you would be entitled to legal aid to defend the whole case.

Customer:

It might be worth contacting Wetherspoons to see how long they keep their CCTV for. If you answered questions in the police interview and told them you didn't think you assaulted the PCs then hopefully the police will be getting the cctv anyway.

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

so wen i go 2 cort ther will be a soliciter i can ask for ?

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

yes i did say i did not asolt

Customer:

You need basically to attend at court to get representation, look at the papers served at, court work out how strong the evidence is and then decide on whether to plead guilty or not guilty.

Customer:

Yes there will be a duty solicitor at court and your case is covered by the scheme. You should tell the usher at court that you want to see the duty solicitor and she will point you towards them.

Customer:

Did you have a solicitor in the police station?

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

the polic men sed at the interviw that thay wer walking me out the door n as thay wer trying 2 do so i swung for oficer aperontly and the officer grabed my arm n forced 2 the gound. now i think the only reson he sed i swung at officer is because he brok my nose wen he don it n i went head first and thats not all i did not acturyl asolt officer as he stoped me ?

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

no soliciter at station

Customer:

Ok it is a not guilty case then and you need representation. You could instruct a solicitor in advance and apply for legal aid if necessary. You need representation for this as it is an imprisonable offence. If you are confident the CCTV may help you (and not help the prosecution) you may want to go to the pub/call the pub/send someone else to the pub and see if they still have the cctv from haloween and if so ask them to preserve it for you.

Customer:

I will be away from this site for a few hours now but will look again later.

JACUSTOMER-b6oiqw26- :

kk now worrys n tthanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wer do i ask for representation

When you get to the court house find out which court room you are in. Go to that court and ask for the usher and tell her you want the duty solicitor and she will introduce you.