31090051

My son who has a small landscaping business has been let down

My son who has a small landscaping business has been let down by a client who he has worked for previously cancelling a new project only days before commencement due to start to-morrow Monday 17th November.
It was to be quite a large project, four months hardwork for his team involving large machinery and materials. He was informed yesterday by the client that while they were having other work done by another contractor who had volunteered to do the job instead for less money albeit less quality.
My son's wife who is a landscape designer had drawn up the plans, they had been agreed and paid for with a discount for her husband doing the job. My son and his team were all set to start Monday having already prepared their machinery had farmed out the other jobs in the pipeline to concentrate their efforts into this new project.
Does he have any redress over the client?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If he was asked to do the work and agreed to do so that is a contract. Your son has a claim for damages for breach of contract and could sue for his loss of profit. He could also sue for any other losses arising such as wasted machine hire costs etc.
I hope this helps. He should see a solicitor to start any claim.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, my son settled the problem amicably with the client.