31090051

my father has died and i am the executor. he has a share certificate

my father has died and i am the executor. he has a share certificate in his name . how can i get this transferred to my name and how much will it cost. his estate amounted to 10,000 between me and my three brothers. the shares are 800 and currently valued at 119.90. or can we just arrange to sell them. we have the will and death certificate. we were advised by a solicitor that he could do it for £500 but that wouldnt be worth while.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You as executor can execute a Stock Transfer Form transferring the shares from you as executor to you as an individual. You then apply to whoever administers the shares and they will send a form for completion and return along with the share certificate which will be returned in your name.
Alternatively you can ask the registrar for a form to enable the shares to be sold and the monies transferred to the estate.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.