12826847

I have accidently sent a text message to the wrong person.

Customer Question

I have accidently sent a text message to the wrong person. I had meant to txt my friend to let them know their partner had been cheating but sent it to the wrong number. I have messaged back to apologise but now they have threatened to report me to the police if I don't give them my name. Am I going to get it trouble?
Please don't worry about this. I would love to know on what possible basis they think this nonsense is a police matter.
Even if they do make a report the police will not be remotely interested as they will be far too busy investigating unwanted passes that are 100 years old and childish neighbour disputes.
Try not to get involved with people who keep the police on speed dial. We all have rows. We don't all invite the police along to play at them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for this you have set my mind at rest. I sent the txt last night and was bombarded with calls from them. I have messaged them back today to apologise and said I made a mistake and they have again bombarded me with calls and said they are going down to the police station.
Well, a person who does that is likely to be very well know at the police station.
On the basis of what you have said there is no offence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you again for your response Atleast I can sleep easy.
Adam
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/