LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

my property is on a communal septic tank. there is, in the

Customer Question

my property is on a communal septic tank. there is, in the deeds of my house a deed of covenant that i pay 1/16th of the cost of maintainance.the management company have allowed a further 2 properties to use this facility without consultation. this appears to have caused problems with its function, resulting in vast expenditure which i am refusing to pay. where do i stand? ***** *****
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please continue. Is there any way I can can release my property from the deed of covenant and make my own arrangements for despersal of sewerage?
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this. How is it that the management company have come to do this. Have new properties been built? How much is the vast expense and what has gone on? Repairs/improvements to the tank or clearing up mess. Is there anything more in the deeds or anywhere else that you know of that sets out who is responsible for repairs etc.
As a general statement of law if the management company have increased the level of use on the tank and this has caused reasonably foreseeable harm to you then you will have a claim against them.