31090051

I have been told by HMRC that they have applied for a summary

I have been told by HMRC that they have applied for a summary warrant against me to recover corporation tax.Can you advise how long it takes for the court(Aberdeen) to issue the warrant as I may be able to repay the debt very sson
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
A summary warrant takes about 14 days and then they have to send it to sheriff officers for execution. Typically you have at least a month before they would realistically start insolvency proceedings.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So does that mean it will be about a month until the documents are served on me by sherrif officer? If so I can pay it by then
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The sheriff officers will serve a demand for payment then HMRC can commence insolvency proceedings. That total process will take at least a month. If you can pay before then that will be an end of it. Obviously it depends how quickly or othrwise the HMRC staff and the sheriff officers operate.
Based on experience you have about a month before they apply for insolvency. There will be a demand for payment before that as they have to intimate the summary warrant first.