UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I went for a free hearing test at a private clinic and was

I went for a free hearing test at a private clinic and was told I needed a hearing aid for my left ear. I picked one that i could put in my ear as I have rheumatoid arthritis in my thumbs and have trouble grasping things. I had the mould done then there and picked up the hearing aid two weeks later. The aid costs £995.00 which I couldn't pay for at the time because I had to pay the money sirectly to Mr Singhu by cash or cheque and had neither on me, so I was told I could pay the following week. I have been wearing the aid as instructed by Mr Singhu but it feels like I have cotton wool in my ear and the only change in my hearing is my own voice which comes back to me in an echo every time I speak. I also find it makes the tinnitus in my right ear even worse. I really do find it uncomfortable to wear and don't want to use it any more. What I want to know is if I have the right to return it, I have had it for 8 days now.
Sue Hewlett
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sue,

You may return it under the Sale of Goods Act (as amended) if it is faulty, not as described or not fit for purpose and the seller may deduct from the money you paid them a reasonable amount for the time you have used the aid.

It seems that in your case, the aid is not fit for purpose as it does not improve your hearing and the seller may offer you a replacement aid which aids your hearing or refund your money subject to a reasonable deduction as above.

If the seller refuses to do any of the above, you may complain to your local council trading standards and/or you may make a court claim agaist the seller to enforce your statutory rights.

May I help further?