13262538

Hi a bit of a long story, but basically my other half has a

Customer Question

Hi a bit of a long story, but basically my other half has a daughter who was placed in care by her mum, my partner got her out of foster care in 2010 and she lived with him for 3 years. Social services were involved in regular reviews and we have reports documenting how she was happy, healthy, safe and physically well. After the birth of our baby, his then 9 year old daughter decided she wished to return to foster care (where she has a half brother and sister) and she was doing anything to return- lying, stealing, threatening to harm the baby. My partner gave in and allowed her to return to be with her siblings- this was 17 months ago- he's only had written contact and telephone calls in this time. His daughter has now made a false accusation stating he punished her by hitting her with a metal instrument. Social services came without warning to check our 17 month old baby on Weds last week, We now don't know what to do?? His daughter has assessments stating she is prone to lying but it seems the social workers believe her? Without even having the full case history. My partner has never and would never raise his hands to anyone let alone a child. We're so upset and stressed- we feel bullied and harassed by social services - whilst I appreciate they have a job to do it all seems very one sided at the moment. Any advice would be so appreciated, Thank you..

What action have Social Services actually taken?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Iam not sure there has been any taken as yet? I am concerned as it does not appear that Social Services have followed the correct procedure? The social worker is telling my partner one thing and me another? She states our baby is 'fine' and 'not at risk' and then tells my partner yesterday that a meeting (which I was told by her I didn't need to attend?) Is a CIN meeting about our baby? I have had no letters or plans stating this? Regarding the false accusations from his other daughter, the social worker is stating she has 'no case history and wont have until Thurs?- 2 weeks after the alleged allegation? We have sent copies of our documents to her - showing that his daughter is assessed as a liar and that social workers and the Local Authorities solicitor had assessed my partner and his care to his daughter and found her safe and in no danger. I just feel that there is a real lack of communication? whilst I appreciate that Social Services have a job to do. I am concerned that it appears that they are taking the word of a troubled little girl with no evidence whatsoever? and I am greatly concerned as to how this will effect my baby? Thanks again for your time and attention in this matter .

This may simply be the difference between following the procedure and actually having concerns
However - when is the Child In Need hearing meant to take place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's the thing - No one has informed me as the childs mother that a Child In Need hearing is taking place. The Social Worker told me on Weds that she needed to speak to my partner as he was at work and this was arranged for Friday - However she has since told him its a child in need meeting? However reading the criteria for a child in need meeting I cannot see how it relates to my baby? I am more than happy to co - operate as we've nothing to hide, but I am very confused as to what is happening?

Could the meeting be about HIS daughter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think so? as she is under a different Local Authority? However I am not sure how these things work?

It does seem very confusing - but you are correct on one thing - if this is a Child in Need Conference then you are entitled to be there - and certainly should attend.
HOWEVER if all that is happening is that the Social Worker is seeing your partner then it may be that what she means is that the assessment is being made on the basis of a Child Need as described here
http://www.safeguardingchildren.co.uk/appendix-4.html
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for you're help. Will firstly clarify with the Social worker - exactly what this meeting is and who it is actually about, then take it from there.

Thanks again

That is an excellent idea - and pleas do ask if you need further help