UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, my wife is applying for an Indefinite leave to remain,

Customer Question

Hello, my wife is applying for an Indefinite leave to remain, using form IRL Set(m) and has a query about section 9.3/9.4 regarding the question " Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any civil judgments against you or any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?". She has been living in the UK for the past two years. This August, her sister in the US filed for guardianship of her mother, due to lack of mental capacity, which was successful - as part of that judgement a restraining order was placed on the other children, including my wife, stating that they were to stay away from the mother. We don't know if that counts as a judgement against her, and if it does whether it is something that needs mentioning on the application form. Any help would be appreciated.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

No, the restraining order is not judgement against her and there is no need to declare it in the SET (M) form.

Judgements are usually debt/money related, see here for further information:

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/overview

May I help further?