LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hi,I would like to know my rights. I purchased a mobile

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to know my rights. I purchased a mobile phone on the 14th November from an EE in-store shop. I realised when I walked out I wanted a 64 gb and not a 16 gb. I telephone the store and they said they will not exchange it. The only rights I have to cancel my contract is to pay the full term of eighteen months. please advise me

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Is there anything actually wrong with the phone?

JACUSTOMER-fmdhsnij- :

NO

Customer:

I am afraid that if there is no defect then if you bought the phone in a shop you are bound by your purchase contract.

Customer:

They would only allow you to change your mind as an act of goodwill and yo have no legal right to enforce. I no this is not the answer you were hoping for but I have to give you accurate answers.

JACUSTOMER-fmdhsnij- :

really that is shocking that is what they said. I would have thought you have fourteen days to return if you are not happy. I actually want to exchange it for a different tariff.

Customer:

You only have 14 days to exchange it if the sale contract specifically allows you to.

JACUSTOMER-fmdhsnij- :

no the contract does not allow me to. The contract can be terminated if I pay the full term of the contract. All this does not sound right surely I must have some rights

Customer:

Afraid not, this is a contract you agreed to and you are bound by it.