How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Dear Immigration solicitor, I want to apply for leave to

Resolved Question:

Dear Immigration solicitor,
I want to apply for leave to remain in the UK on the basis of my private life in the UK (10 years route).
I have already completed “FLR(FP) Version 07/2014” form and I want to apply in person.
1. Can I use Visa premium service centres ?
2. Can I apply under Long residency rules as I am now 24 years old and next year in
March I’ll be 25 years old.
I have overstayed my six month visit visa and been living in the UK illegally for 10 years.
I had entered the UK with my mother at the age of 14 back in 2004 and since then I have never left the UK. Now I am age 24.
With regards, Lev.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm if you are in a relationship?
Did you study in the UK?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not in relationship, single.

I did study at Russian Embassy School in the United Kingdom from 2004 till 2009.

Immigration History

The Applicant’s name is***** he is a Russian national and his date of birth is the 14th March 1990.

The Applicant has informed us that he first arrived in the UK on a valid six month visit visa, with his mother on the 30th June 2004.

It is further submitted that the Applicant was born In Russia and lived there until the age of nine. The Applicant’s family life was very poor, his Mother had been a typist while Russia was in the USSR and his Father was a soldier and later a mechanic. When the USSR collapsed, there was an economic crisis which left the Applicant’s family with virtually nothing to eat. The Applicant stated that nobody had any money to pay for his Father's mechanic services.

The Applicant confirms that his Mother is a recognised Jew through her Grandfather, which gave her family the opportunity to repatriate to Israel. The Applicant’s Aunt went to Israel first and in 1999 the Applicant’s Mother and Father relocated the Applicant there. The Applicant’s parents found jobs and worked very hard for him to have a good life in Israel. They had to work long hours but were happy that they could provide for the Applicant.

After 5 years, in 2004, the Applicant’s Father decided to leave Israel and relocate to London to do a driving job. The Applicant’s Father left the family home in 2006 and later returned to Russia. The last the Applicant had heard was that his father had returned to Israel but he is not sure where he is now as he has no contact with the family.

The Applicant arrived in the UK at the age of 14, June 2004, and has attended school in the UK until 2009, passing all his exams along the way.

It is further submitted that the Applicant did not get an Israeli passport as he was considered a fourth generation Jew and therefore he received a travel document. The Applicant was told by the Israeli government that he was not a citizen and they took his travel document away.

However, the Applicant still has a Russian passport but he confirms that he has no family or friends that live in Russia. The Applicant confirms that he left the country when he was nine years old; he has vague recollections of the weather and school but nothing else.

The Applicant confirms that he supports himself by offering web design services and also helps friends as an interpreter, which is important. The Applicant spends his free time playing football amongst his friends here in the UK. The Applicant would like to study further and improve his prospects of getting a good job here if he was issued a visa. The Applicant confirms that he has no partner in the UK at present.

The Applicant also states that his circumstances get him down as his peers are making plans to go on holiday or study and he cannot share these plans with them. The Applicant finds it difficult to meet girls as they want to look at the future and see what ambitions he has. The Applicant feels that he cannot meet their expectations so he chooses to withdraw from conversations of this kind.

The Applicant has informed us that he is not in contact with any family anywhere in the world. He relies on the friends he has made for support emotionally and sometimes financially. The Applicant has stated that he consider the friends he has made in the UK as very dear to him, like family.

We request that the Secretary of State utilises her discretion when considering this case and grants the Applicant further leave to remain on a discretionary basis.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
1. You are unable to use the premium service for your type of application, you will need to submit the application by post.
2. You are unable to apply under the long residency rule as you have been in the UK illegally for the duration of your stay. Have you been in the UK legally since 2004 then you would have been able to apply under the rules of long residency. In your case as you have been illegally resident in the UK, you would need to wait until you have been residency in the UK for 20 years before applying for an application under the basis of residency.
In your case if you feel that you have a case where there are exceptional circumstances surrounding your case then yes apply using form FLR FP and ask the home office to exercise their discretion and give you a visa to remain in the UK.
I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I'll send my documents to Home Office, will Home Office provide me with some permanent which will allow me to work and live in the UK while they look at my case?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No unfortunately this is not the case you will not be allowed to work in the uk until you are issued with a visa by the home office. Until then you cannot work or study in the uk.
I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions