75100385

A bank where I live has taken possession of my building which

Customer Question

A bank where I live has taken possession of my building which hosts my business of dentistry. The bank only got an order to take possession of the building not the actual business. However, they put me and my directors out of the building and seems to be running my business. Is this legal? Can you please refer me to a similar case as I am trying to get an injunction to remove them from my business. The building is all they need to satisfy their mortgage. Please Help!!!
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

They should not be running your business, they only have a claim on the building.

Alex Watts :

You should still have a lease which they should honour.

Alex Watts :

You need to complete form N5A and take it to Court asap

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant you relief and give possession back

Alex Watts :

But this is what you must do - complete the Form and ask the Court to allow you acess

Alex Watts :

* access *

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-zbbbx0np- :

Can you refer me to a similar case where i can read and see who's favor the court ruled please?

Alex Watts :

It is a standard case for relief from forfeiture - it will be dealt with by a District Judge in Chambers.

Alex Watts :

You don't need to worry about case law at this stage.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

JACUSTOMER-zbbbx0np- :

I just wanted to see if there was such a case so that it will make my argument stronger, I go back to court this Thursday.

Alex Watts :

You have a lease, as a matter of contract you are entitled to see out that lease.

Alex Watts :

They can not just take over YOUR business.

Alex Watts :

They can take over the building, but NOT your business.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/