12826847

I am being harassed by the neighbour bellow me 2 crime reference

Customer Question

I am being harassed by the neighbour bellow me 2 crime reference numbers have been given to me by the police. Police wanted me too either take him to the court or make him sign undertaking not harass. I chose the later option. He has, as far as I know, not signed. The landlord which is a housing association is taking softly softly attitude as far as I can see. They say he is moved out and is living with his daughter but he is keeping the flat until he finds his new accommodation but from time to time will be visiting his flat to collect his belongings. According to landlord this could take 2 or 3 or even longer. Which seems improper as it is social housing which is being occupied by a person who is not resident any more. The harassment goes on by unknown visitors to his place. Mostly by noise from his flat which is under my flat. And at one occasion verbal innuendo by a loud mouth woman accomplice who accompanied him. Sorry about this long drawn QUESTION.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What possible action I can now to take to bring this problem to close?

He is not responsible in criminal law for the behaviour of his visitors. if they are misbehaving then you would have to make a separate report about them to the police.
If he is behaving in an anti social way in terms of noise pollution then you can complain to the Council who can ultimately seek an ASBO against him.
Similarly the landlord can act against him if there is enough to show a nuisance claim.
The truth is that there are no quick simple magic wands that will turn an unreasonable neighbour into a reasonable one. Whatever orders he is upon, if the acts at variance with them all that can be done is that action can be taken afterwards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your answer. It is what I have been following to some extant.

No problem.
All the best.