75100385

I have managed to get 12 points on my licence I am attending

I have managed to get 12 points on my licence I am attending court on 21/1/15 my question is will I get legal representation ! I have recently gone through acrimonious divorce, my wife and two daughters live in Deal Kent I now live in Southend ( 100 miles away) at present I pick up my youngest daughter ( 5 ) every other weekend ie pick her up Friday evening drop back off Sunday afternoon ( approx. 4hr round trip ) she would not be able to see me if I lost my licence ( my ex wife has epilepsy and cannot drive ) would court take this into account ? traveling by train is not really an option !
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

No you wont get representation unless you pay for a Solicitor.

Alex Watts :

Your only option is to argue exceptional hardship and that is exactly what is needed.

Alex Watts :

Hardship is not enough, it must be exceptional.

Alex Watts :

You need to show that exceptional hardship would not only be suffered by you but those that rely on you.

Alex Watts :

Therefore in order to have the best possible chance, yes you could really do with representation

Alex Watts :

Customer:

how long would ban be for ? the hardship would be for my youngest daughter as we always do things together she is quite desperate to she me every other weekend

Alex Watts :

The ban is 6 months but you get a clean licence.

Alex Watts :

If the Court finds exceptional hardship whilst the ban can be reduced it is usually removed all together

Alex Watts :

But it means for the next 3 years you are driving with 12 points so ANY ticket and you will be banned

Customer:

ok thanks so it they gave a reduced ban would I sill have points ?

Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

But in reality they will either find exceptional and not give you a ban or ban you for 6 months.

Alex Watts :

I have never known anyone have say a 2 month ban

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

probably saying what I suspected but thanks