Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

MoneyClaim Online As a defendant in need to submit my defence

MoneyClaim Online
As a defendant in need to submit my defence online - and in a limited time time.
When doing so, do I just provide the summary of how I will defend the claim, or do I have to submit all the supportive evidence at this stage?
The reason I ask is that there is a maximum upload file size allowed.
Regards,
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Is this a debt claim?
Alex Hughes : OK, not to worry. At this stage you only need to outline the points of your defence ensuring that you respond to each and every allegation made by the claimant. If it's not possible to do this online you could submit a paper defence by post - but do not send any evidence now. The court will make directions for evidence to served at a later date but at this moment in time the court and the claimant should only be given an outline of your case not the nitty gritty details.
Customer: That great - thank you!