LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hopefully a relatively straightforward question: my Aunt is

Customer Question

Hopefully a relatively straightforward question: my Aunt is having wonderful palliative care in a nursing home currently. I know that she has a care plan in case including her wishes once she dies. it is a private nursing home - will we be expected to clear her room almost immediately or will be able to wait till after the funeral? I appreciate they are running a business but legally is the room available to us up until my Aunt has paid for it - she pays for it on a monthly basis. I a writing this as opposed to asking the home direct as whilst I go there to see both my Mum and my Aunt at least weekly I can't bring myself to talk to them direct just now as I get emotional - thanks for your understanding - sincerely ***** *****
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

This is a contract situation and will be governed by the contract she signed with the Care home. I think it very likely that you would not have to clear the room immediately and might well have until the end of the period she has paid for to do it. The only way to know for sure is to discuss it with either your Aunt if you are able to or with the care home.