12826847

Hello On 13 September this year, a car carerred accross

Customer Question

On 13 September this year, a car carerred accross the road into my front wall causing extensive damage. The incident occurred at approximately 4.00 a.m. according to the police (my wife and I were away at the time). The police inform me that the car was abandoned and the owner claims it was stolen! My house insurance referred me to the car insurer who have said that they are not liable for any damage caused by a driver of a stolen car. I am still awaiting news on whether or not the police have been able to establish the authenticity of the owner's story. In the meantime I have paid £890 from my own pocket to have the wall reoaired and made safe. Is there any other possible source I can approach from which I might be able to re-claim my costs please? Many thanks
***** *****
What was the outcome with MIB?

What did MIB say about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They only deal with claims involving personal injury which obviously was not the case in this instance.

If you refer to this webpage from MIB

http://www.mib.org.uk/Customer+Services/en/Accidents+in+the+UK/Untraced+Drivers+Agreement/Untraced+Agreement.htm

You will see that it refers to claims to property which must be made within nine months of the accident date and a £300 excess applies.

It then refers separately to personal injury. There is link on that page from which you can download the necessary application form.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thank you. That is very helpful.

Good luck and all the best