75100385

Hi i am starting a business offering to arrange cosmetic surgery

Hi i am starting a business offering to arrange cosmetic surgery abroad. I will be sending clients to Iceland only at the moment. Accommodation and consultation and surgery dates. Also i will be doing all corresponding between client and surgeon. I have no medical background myself i have used this surgeon many times myself. I hope to in the future work with other clinics in different countries. I am worried about what i should do to make sure i am not liable if surgery goes wrong and do I refer to myself as a agent if i plan to offer more clinics in the future?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

I assume you will have insurance and the clients sign a contract?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

i will have public liability insurance and not sure what should be said in contract

Customer:

hi

Alex Watts :

If you have insurance and a pretty tight contract you should be ok.

Alex Watts :

If you are an agent and make that absolutely clear, then you are not responsible for liability.

Alex Watts :

Make sure that you do not endorse any surgeon, hospital or procedure and they should take their own medical advice,

Alex Watts :

Once you make it clear all that, get a contract and act as agent you should be ok

Alex Watts :

Customer: Could you please explain further by endorse surgeon or hospital or procedure.?
Alex Watts :

Yes. It needs to be their choice, you can NOT be seen to recommend. They can go out, meet them etc, but they must be happy that its their choice.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/