12826847

While am waiting for an answer to my question .who governs

Customer Question

While am waiting for an answer to my question .who governs property brokers in UK?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you mean estate agents?

JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : Hello Alex i do not understand your question , please all my question previously .I bought the property through a Broker in UK and the seller was a company based in US /. Canada who is also the management company.
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : If Alex has stepped out of this chat so who will be dealing with this for me
Alex Watts : I needed to look a few things up. As they a broker or estate agent here?
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : Alex the broker was based in uk and the seller / management company was based in Detroit U SA and Canada . Thanks
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : Hi. Alex
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : Hi. Alex l have not got any answer from you company from yesterday. I need answers please.
Alex Watts : I can only advise on UK law.
Alex Watts : No there is no Ombudsman as such, if the person was an estate agent then there is the Property Ombudsman.
Alex Watts : As I understand it he is a broker for foreign properties and therefore he would only be governed by Trading Standards and not an Ombudman scheme.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- :

Alex i am sorry , my questions have not been answered . I did asked you to read my previous questions. which is the broker mis-represnted the property to me as of the time of buying. The broker new that the seller and the property management company are the same people and they new they were scaming people , well before i bought my property . Why did they with hold this information from me.

JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- :

The broker also had a body that they were registered with and they are called AIPP . Have you heard of them ?

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

I understand that.

Alex Watts :

But there is no one that governs property brokers in the UK

Alex Watts :

If you wish to make a claim for misrepresentation it would be through the Courts. This is a matter of contract

Alex Watts :

I had read the previous question and the expert there opted out.

Alex Watts :

But AIPP http://www.aipp.org.uk/ is an association

Alex Watts :

They are NOT a regulator or Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

There is a code of conduct but if breached then any resolution would be through the County Court

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : Alex what will the code of conduct be / called.
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : What are the chances of me winning my case if i took them to court ?
Alex Watts :

This is misrepresentation

Alex Watts :

I think your chance would be good

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : Alex i have not enjoyed your service and you just told me everything that i already told you. The seller / management company was not dealt with in all your. conversations. It took 24 hours before you could answer my questions .
JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : I am nothappy with your service and do not think you have provided any. It took 3 occassion for you to get my first question .your answers to any question was not in dept . Did not tell be what help AIPP can work with me. You did not tell me about mis representation untill i mention it to you. You have not told me how to present my case if i took them to court .
Alex Watts :

I am sorry. In your original question where did you ask how to present your case? Did I miss that? I read your question as 'Who governs Property brokers in the UK?'

Alex Watts :

That is all I can see. I can not see anything else relating to your question apart from our chat?

Alex Watts :

Did the system miss what else you had typed?

Alex Watts :

I am here online to help you now

JACUSTOMER-0fxj4ti4- : This was not my original question that your colleague c picked and could not answer and off line a couple of hours later you pick me and and asked what my question was , i then referred you to my original question and l have asked about the seller in Detroit / Canada. . You still have not picked up all the questions l have asked
Alex Watts :

Yes and he opted out because he could not answer it as it is UK law.

Alex Watts :

However as you are not happy I will also opt out

Alex Watts :

Please do not reply to this message as it comes back to my inbox.

Alex Watts :

Someone else should be along to help

Alex Watts :

Good luck and best wishes for Christmas,

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Thanks for your search for someone else to take on my case but my request has not been met . The purpose of me joining this website is to know what to do with both the broker and the management company but till date , i have not gotten any positve response .

Every thing i have mentioned to Alex was just repeated back to me and no one has dealth with the other part of my question .

I do not think it is what waiting for someone else to deal with my case .

I will be grateful for a refund .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex i am not happy with the service and . I do not want to join the membership .

I will be grateful for a re-fund.