What must I be mindful of when being questioned in an interview

Customer Question

What must I be mindful of when being questioned in an interview under caution at a police station? Do I need a solicitor to be present? Or will there be questions designed to fish for information?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Usually either admitting the offence or otherwise saying something contrary to your interests.
Yes, you do need a solicitor.
They will ask lots of irrelevant questions. Police officers have no idea of the rules of evidence. Most of interviews are edited out at court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am being interviewed under caution tomorrow from the ecrimes unit. I think I may have left it too late to get a solicitor to attend the interview - or perhaps you can suggest otherwise.

I was one of many part time data entry clerks who worked for a company whose business has been shut down and the CEO currently in jail.

I am under the impression that as a part time data entry clerk, I didn't know what we were doing was illegal and I never made any managerial decisions. This was a part time position to help supplement my full time job to also pay for my house project that had gone off budget.

I entered data, did what I was told and that was pretty much it. This is what I am going to mention tomorrow as this was pretty much all I did for them. Do I still need a solicitor considering this was all I did as a part time employee?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can ask for the duty solicitor at the police station in the morning. You will have to wait for him to arrive but it is better than not having one at all.
The fact that you were an employee is not a defence per se. If they can show you took unlawful actions then you are still responsible of them.
I am happy to continue with this but please leave feedback for my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the response Jo.

I am of the stance that I had and still to this day no idea that what I was doing was/is illegal. I have no understanding of trading standards legislation or the rules that govern online transactions.

Am I on the correct understanding that the duty solicitor will be free as I am attending the interview voluntarily and I won't be means tested?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out.