75100385

We are buying a property off plan through a agency called Hasting

Customer Question

We are buying a property off plan through a agency called Hasting Intl. They should have finished in May, but it has been delay after delay with not compelling reasons. We are really frustrated as the agency is not proactively communicating and now they are Threatening to cancel our contract with the developer claiming with are dissatisfy. Can they do this? is there any right for us also to claim compensation for the delays? how about if they cancel the contract refund our money and we ended up without a house?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What does the contract say about termination please?

JACUSTOMER-rfvcvp3v- :

We put did put a deposit already and in that documents it says that they Estate Agent can cancel the contract at any moment. They also sell again the property and if the value is lower than the original sold to us they could claim the difference.

Also we are very close to sign the contract. It clearly states in the contract that they can delay as they wish and we have to cough up final payment within 10 days of them giving us the final day. Is all of this legal

JACUSTOMER-rfvcvp3v- :

It looks abusive to me... let me know what advice you could give us

Alex Watts :

what does the contract say about cancellation please?