12826847

I bought a £10 item from our local Lidl and did not check the

Customer Question

I bought a £10 item from our local Lidl and did not check the receipt - there was only one item on the receipt. I paid by Credit card and it was only when I got my Credit card statement in the following month that I noticed that £100 had been taken from account for this transaction. I have been in touch with the local 'headoffice' and they are refusing to repay the extra £90. I wanted to write to the person in charge but was told that under the Data Protection Act this person's name and address could not be given out. I quoted them the Freedom of Information Act but that did no good.
Can they take money from me, through an error at the till, and refuse to give me my money back?
Vera Turnbull - EH54 7BZ
Isn't the receipt itemised?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not want your help. I am not going to pursue it further as it is the responsibility of the Bank.

Ok.
Good luck.