12826847

I live on the only pedestrianized street in the area. The

Customer Question

I live on the only pedestrianized street in the area. The end of the street is not pedestrianized but has parking restirctions max parking 2 hours as it's in the middle of a busy village. There are no parking permits schemes in the village. Are there any regualtions setting out the councils obligations to consider the parking requirements of residents as opposed to traders?
There are no specific regulations that require them to provide resident's parking.
Usually this is governed by the local council policy upon the point. Usually they will have a written document for which you can ask.
The advantage of a policy is that it can be flexible and adapt to the demands of the local area.
You do need to bear in mind that they do not usually guarantee a space directly outside your property. Even when resident's bays are available they are only close to the property.
If they are not complying with their obligations within that document then you can complain to the Ombudsman and then, in principle, judicially review any decision.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that's fine thanks

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/